Friday, May 17, 2013

Eliah Eye Update

Thursday, May 22, 2008

Update on Eliah's eye appointment.  First, I made a mistake.  I heard Eliah's vision was 2400, but it was 20/400.  But the doctor said that what Eliah can see really isn't much different than if it were 20/2400.  Anyway, a little good news, Eliah's right eye has improved.  He is now at 20/100 in his right eye.  Still 20/400 in his left, which is why he has been cross-eyed lately.  The doctor said that we may have to put a patch on his right eye in the future to get the left to catch up.  But overall, I am pleased.  I thought that the damaged nerves in his eyes permanently affected his vision.  I didn't realize that his vision could improve despite the damage.  That definitely gives me hope.

And we go to see the geneticist on June 4th.  I still think he has a glycoprotein disorder, and it turns out that our genetic center is one of only a handful in the world that can determine that.  If Eliah doesn't have any chromosomal disorders, or glycoprotein disorders, then we will be referred to Emory in Atlanta to determine if it's a metabolic disorder.  

Thanks for all the good thoughts!
Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment