Friday, May 17, 2013

Eliah Update Friday Morning

August 2008

This morning, around 1am, Eliah had a reaction to the second round of antibiotics.  It's called "Red Man's" Syndrome.  Basically, he turned beet red from the eyebrows up.  And from what they tell me, it feels like HELL.  They had to stop the medicine and give him an antihistamine/sedative and tylenol before they started the medicine again.  It was a long night.  But I believe that his fevers have stopped. 

The nurse was telling me that it's "Hemophilia Week" at the hospital.  I asked what that meant, and she told me that there were several other kids at the hospital with infected ports.  She said that their mother did their "infusion", and within hours, they had a temperature of 104.  I find that very interesting and wonder if it could be the saline, factor or heparin causing this.  I know that I am super careful when it comes to port safety/cleanliness.  And I couldn't figure out how he could have gotten an infection.  This would make sense.  Who knows if anyone will put two and two together though.

I don't know what the plan is yet.  But will update as I can.  And thanks again for the well-wishes. 

Ann

No comments:

Post a Comment