Friday, May 17, 2013

Lamictal Update

Friday, February 17, 2012

So far, so good.  Eliah's rash is still there, but starting to go away.  He was extremely irritable yesterday, but that has now subsided.  It may have been due to a headache from coming off the medicine, so I treated him with Tylenol.

That's the good news.  Now here's the bad.  As I was driving home from dropping Natalie off to school, Eliah napped.  After I stopped to take a couple scenic pictures, I looked back and Eliah was having a strong seizure.  He looked like he was breathing like a fish out of water, and his lips quickly turned blue.  I stopped the car in the middle turn lane, put it park, and reached back to get the oxygen.  As I put my hand on his cheek and told him it would be okay, he came around.  He quickly went back to sleep and slept the rest of the morning.  (frustrated sigh....)

We are almost out of the woods with Lamictal, and we are continuing our journey with seizures.  At least Eliah has been happy all day, and even gave himself a close inspection of his nose and throat to make sure he was all clear. 











No comments:

Post a Comment