Friday, May 17, 2013

Monday Update

Monday, October 1, 2007

Slow going here.  Eliah had an EEG and a CT scan this morning.  I have not gotten the results back from the CT yet.  But the EEG showed a little bit of questionable activity, so they have upped his medicine again.

After fasting Eliah for 8 1/2 hours today, the surgeon came in and said, "Yeah, we are not doing the surgery today.  We may be able to get to it by Wednesday or Thursday."  It seems that Eliah's surgery is not urgent and is the first to get bumped when new patients come in.  We will also be here in recovery for 3-5 days after the surgery.  

By the time we get out of here, we will have spent about two weeks in the hospital.  I can only imagine the bill we will get for this.  And the mess of a home-life we will go back to.

They are going to wait to do the MRI until after the surgery, so they can just use his port to administer the sedative.  But they are going to be looking at a questionable area in his brain.  They think it could be a blood clot, stroke or calcification.  We will see.

On a side note:

I feel so badly for Natalie the most during all of this.  She is so used a routine, and this has just messed it all up.  Plus, it we have to rely so much on others to maintain life outside the hospital (ie. getting Natalie to school, feeding the dogs, doing laundry, etc).  And our main source of help, Kelley's mother, has gone and possibly seriously injured herself; in our yard no less!  We will soon see the extent of her injuries and it's affect on how things have been running since we've been in the hospital.

I think things will be pretty quiet here until we have the surgery, so there may not be an update tomorrow.  Please keep up the prayers!

No comments:

Post a Comment