Friday, May 17, 2013

Update #3

Monday, August 27, 2007

Update #3

And the saga continues....
First they switched the MRI to today and the EEG to tomorrow. Then Hematologist came back in today after the MRI and said that going back over the CT and the MRI, it seems that DS did in fact have bleeding on his brain. He said that there was a hematoma right at the top of his head and there is a little bit of old blood there. So he is putting him back on the Factor VIII (which by the way is $700 per shot and he is getting every 8-12 hours).

He also said that everything and everybody is pointing to CMV. However, the Hematologist has doubt. He thinks that everything that is going on relates to Hemophilia. He is going to "pow-wow" with the Neurologist tomorrow and go over all the tests. We should have some lab tests back by tomorrow or Wednesday.

If it is CMV, I don't understand how I could have gone this long without getting it. I'm 34yrs old, for 10 years I worked in a day care setting and I also worked in assisted living. Approx. 85% of the US has this virus already, and it's passed just like chicken pox or mono. Plus, I have been pregnant 3 times before this. It just doesn't make sense that I would just now be getting it. (sorry for the rant)

We are supposed to get another update from the docs in the morning. If it's interesting I'll post. But if they are just sitting around saying, "I don't know, what do you think doctor?", I won't post.

Thanks again for all the well wishes. It feels so good knowing there are people out there thinking and praying for you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment