Friday, May 17, 2013

Wednesday Night Update

Wednesday, October 10, 2007

We moved out of the ICU and back to a normal room today. This gave Ann a chance to straighten up and take home some of our accumulated junk. In the process, I think she may have taken home things I need to get pictures off the camera... so no pics today. But there is a one minute video of him having a good time again. We need all the smiles and laughs we can get.

The word now is that it seems the neurosurgeon wants to do a procedure on Eliah. We can't call it brain surgery, exactly, because he shouldn't be getting to his brain. He wants to drill a small hole in his head, and stick a big needle in to suck out all the blood they can get to. This should reduce the irritation on the brain, which should reduce (if not completely stop) his seizures, which should reduce his blood pressure, etc. A lot of "shoulds"... but I think Ann and I are ready for this next step. We're not sure when this will happen... maybe tomorrow, maybe later this week. But I get the idea that it will most likely be soon. After that, we'll be back in the ICU.

Natalie started running a decently high fever today (over 102), so she's at home with Ann. Ann also seems to have started a fever tonight, so we all hope that they take their medicine and get better by tomorrow... I don't know if I can do this alone! (Well, I know I will if I have to, I just don't WANT to!)

He's pretty fussy right now... I hope we both can get some sleep!

No comments:

Post a Comment